Death by viral challenge of a chip، Fatal Consequences 14-Year-Old Dies After Taking on Viral One Chip Challenge


Death by viral challenge of a chip


Death by viral challenge of a chip: 14-Year-Old American Boy Dies After Eating World’s Hottest Chips in Viral Challenge

A viral “One Chip Challenge” has recently swept YouTube and TikTok, where participants eat a chip made with the “world’s hottest pepper” and share their reactions.

However, a 14-year-old American boy from Massachusetts recently took on this challenge and ended up suffering severe stomach pain, fainting, and passing away after being rushed to the hospital.

According to reports by the New York Post and Daily Mail, Worcester high school sophomore Sean Walorczyk participated in the social media-trending “One Chip Challenge” at school on January 1st, eating what is claimed to be the world’s hottest chip.

Sean’s mother later notified the school that her son was experiencing extreme stomach pain. After being picked up from school early to rest at home, Sean’s condition initially improved but he lost consciousness at 4:30 pm.

Death by viral challenge of a chip-1
image source: GoFundMe

Believed to Have Died From Chip-Induced Complications

Upon discovery, Sean was urgently taken to a nearby hospital but was pronounced dead shortly after. While the exact cause of death remains uncertain, his mother said in an interview that her son likely died from complications induced by the chip.

Reports indicate the chips are made using the world’s hottest Carolina Reaper and Naga Viper peppers. The brand’s website also states they are “only for adults to enjoy” and warns seekers to immediately seek medical help if shortness of breath, fainting, or vomiting occurs after eating.

In fact, since the “One Chip Challenge” gained popularity, multiple minors have been hospitalized. In October 2022, a Louisiana school district banned students from eating the chips on campus after several required medical assistance. Less than a month later, a similar incident at a Georgia high school prompted police to warn about the dangers of the “One Chip Challenge.”


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button